Now that long term care annual surveys have resumed in most states, what are the most frequently cited F-Tags this year?
The top 5 most frequently cited F-Tags in standard surveys conducted from Oct 2020 – present are:
- F812 Food Procurement, Store/Prepare/Serve Sanitary (cited in 34.8% of standard surveys)
- F880 Infection Control (cited in 34.4% surveys)
- F761 Label/Store Drugs and Biologicals (Cited in 27.2% surveys)
- F689 Free of Accident Hazards/Supervision/Devices (cited in 18.4% surveys)
- F656 Develop/Implement Comprehensive Care Plan (cited in 17.1% surveys)
You can find the most frequently cited F-Tags occurring in your state by running the “Citation Frequency Report” for your specific state at qcor.cms.gov.
Source: CASPER (05/09/2021)