During this year long series, we will focus on the top deficiencies cited nationally with the new Long Term Care Survey Process (LTCSP). Each session will concentrate on top-cited F-tags with a review of the regulation and an analysis of the associated Interpretive Guidance. Survey procedures, such as associated Critical Element Pathways and/or Surveyor Probes used to guide the investigative process will be discussed. Actual citation examples will be shared and examined. Tools to assist the facility interdisciplinary team in monitoring compliance and incorporating performance improvement activities into the facility QAPI processes will be a focal point.
Projected Learning Outcomes/ Course Objectives:
- Identify the regulatory requirements related to the monthly F-Tag topic
- Identify survey procedures that describe how the F-Tag topic is reviewed for compliance during the annual survey process
- Identify examples of how the F-Tag is commonly citied in the new LTCSP
- Identify tools for the leadership team to use for monitoring compliance with the F-Tag topic
- Explain strategies for incorporating survey preparedness into facility QAPI processes
- Overview of the F-Tag Regulations and Interpretive Guidance
- Survey procedures for assessing compliance with the F-Tag and citation examples
- Strategies for monitoring compliance and incorporating survey preparedness into facility QAPI processes
- Closing Comments/QA
Based on the most commonly cited F-Tags with the new long term care survey process, the monthly F-tag topics will be:
January – Infection Control/Antibiotic Stewardship F880, F881 (former F441)
February – Food Safety F812 & F813 (Former F371)
March – Accidents/Bed Rails F689 & F700 (Former F323)
April – Quality of Life/Quality of Care F675, 684, 697, 698, 744 (Former 309)
May – Pharmacy Services F755, F761 (Former F431)
June – Comprehensive Care Plans F656 (Former F279) CP Timing & Revision F657 & Professional Standards F658
July – Unnecessary Drugs F757-758 (Former F329)
August – ADL Care for Dependents Residents F677
September – Resident Assessments/Accuracy of Assessments F636-F642
October – Dignity and Respect of Individuality F550 (Former F241)
November – Treatment/Services to Prevent/Heal Pressure Ulcers F686 (Former F314)
December – Bowel & Bladder Incontinence, Catheter, UTI F690
Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, Nurse Managers, Nursing Home Administrators, Nursing Staff and Leaders, Quality Assurance Director, Social Services, Rehabilitation Services.
Instructional Level: Intermediate
NAB Approved Contact hours: 1.25 for live event and 1.5 for recording (includes post-test). Check your state association registration page for details on additional CE accreditations.
Please register with your participating association.