The Q4FY17 release of the Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Program for Evaluating Payment Patterns Electronic Report (PEPPER) with statistics through September 2017 is now available for download through the PEPPER Resources Portal.
To obtain your SNF’s PEPPER, the Chief Executive Officer, President, Administrator or Compliance Officer of your organization should:
- Review the Secure PEPPER Access Guide.
- Review the instructions and obtain the information required to authenticate access. Note: A new validation code will be required. A patient control number (UB04 form locator 03a) or medical record number (UB04 form locator 03b) from a paid claim for a traditional Medicare FFS beneficiary with a claim “from” or “through” date in July 1-September 30, 2017 will be required.
- Visit the PEPPER Resources Portal.
- Complete all the fields.
- Download your PEPPER.
The SNF PEPPER will be available to download for approximately two years.
Compliance Focused Response to SNF PEPPER Webinar:
Register for Proactive’s complimentary NAB approved webinar to guide SNF PEPPER data analysis and compliance response on Friday, May 11th at 12:30 ET
- This webinar reviews SNF PEPPER Reports as well as recent SNF overpayment audit trends. Providers will receive specific guidance and strategies to implement a compliance focused response to potential risk areas.
- Understand SNF PEPPER, national utilization trends and potential provider overpayment risk implications.
- Identify key risk considerations for Medicare compliance programs based on SNF PEPPER trends impacting skilled rehab stays.
- Recognize application opportunities for PEPPER data use to focus daily operational systems for reduced overpayment risk.
- Eligible for 1 NAB CE for Health Facility Administrators.
Amie Martin, OTR/L, CHC, RAC-CT
Principal Consultant & President for Proactive Medical Review & Consulting, LLC
Learn more about Amie and the Proactive team here.