UPDATE!! THE LIVE WEBINAR HAS ENDED. CLICK HERE FOR RECORDING DETAILS.
SNF PEPPER Now Available – Implement an Effective Response in Preparation for Government Audits
The Q4FY17 release of the Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Program for Evaluating Payment Patterns Electronic Report (PEPPER) with statistics through September 2017 is now available for download through the PEPPER Resources Portal.
WEBINAR: A Compliance Focused Response to SNF PEPPER – July 12, 2018
AHCA – 10:00am, AHCA – 10:00am
This recorded webinar reviews SNF PEPPER Reports as well as recent SNF overpayment audit trends in our region and nationwide, including “worthless services” claim settlements. Providers will receive specific guidance and sample tools to implement a compliance focused response to potential risk areas.
- Understanding SNF PEPPER, national utilization trends and potential provider overpayment risk implications.
- Identify key risk considerations for Medicare compliance programs based on SNF PEPPER trends, recent MAC jurisdiction audit trends, and increasing examples of SNF “worthless services” settlements for skilled rehab.
- Recognize application opportunities for PEPPER data use to focus daily operational systems for reduced overpayment
- Eligible for 1 NAB CE for Health Facility Administrators.
CEO/Administrators, Compliance Officer, CFO, Billing staff, MDS, Nursing leadership, Rehabilitation staff
Amie Martin, OTR/L, CHC, RAC-CT
Principal Consultant & President for Proactive Medical Review & Consulting, LLC
Learn more about Amie and the Proactive team here.
Join this Webinar
Click here to register for this webinar. Once you’ve registered you will receive an email to join.
How to access the webinar:
If you registered for this webinar session, but have not received a link to join, please:
1. Check your spam folder for an email from GoTo™ webinar which contains your log in information. For ease of accessing future sessions through Proactive, please whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org with your email provider. Once you’ve received your log in, technical difficulties using the system can be resolved through GoTo™ support which is available 24 hours Toll-Free at (877) 582-7011 or at http://link.gotowebinar.com/contact-us.
2. If your confirmation email with log in link is not found in the spam folder, please contact Us.
3. Instructions on accessing handouts and certificates of attendance are provided in the confirmation email.
To obtain your SNF’s PEPPER, the Chief Executive Officer, President, Administrator or Compliance Officer of your organization should:
- Review the Secure PEPPER Access Guide: http://PEPPERresources.org
- Review the instructions and obtain the information required to authenticate acess
- Note: A new validation code will be required. A patient control number (UB04 form locator 03a) or medical record number (UB04 form locator 03b) from a paid claim for a traditional Medicare FFS beneficiary with a claim “from” or “through” date in July 1–September 30, 2017 will be required.
- Visit the PEPPER Resources Portal: https://securefile.tmf.org
- Complete all the fields and download your PEPPER
- The SNF PEPPER will be available to download for approximately two years.
PEPPER is an educational tool that summarizes provider-specific data statistics for Medicare services that may be at risk for improper payments. Providers can use the data to support internal auditing and monitoring activities. Visit the SNF Training and Resources page at PEPPERresources.org to access updated resources for using PEPPER, including recorded web-based training sessions, a sample SNF PEPPER and the current SNF PEPPER User’s Guide. PEPPER is distributed by TMF Health Quality Institute under contract with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.