Despite rapid changes in our daily operations during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency (PHE), the RAI User’s Manual remains the driver for accuracy of MDS assessments. This session will focus on MDS items likely impacted by the suspected or confirmed presence of COVID-19 infection. Attendees will gain insight for best practices for accurate coding to support the conditions and services delivered to residents, and apply best practices for supportive documentation based on RAI guidelines. Also included in this session are real case studies of coding opportunities with reimbursement implications and examples of effective supporting documentation for MDS coding.
- Understand proper application of new ICD-10 Codes for Coronavirus (COVID-19) to include in MDS Section I020B and I8000.
- Review PDPM nursing component considerations related to COVID-19.
- Discuss MDS interview techniques to consider in the presence of active or suspected COVID-19 infection.
- Identify process for determining completion of an Interim Payment Assessment (IPA)
- Review operational considerations or application of Medicare waivers related to MDS completion and transmission
- Link to Recording
- MDS Coding Tips
- COVID-19 Care Planning and Charting Guidelines
*Webinar Recorded April 2020.