Education and Training
Proactive provides continuing education targeting the staff development needs of post-acute care providers. Trainings are available as live workshops or convenient webinars by expert presenters.
Proactive partners with industry associations, trade groups, and other affiliates for collaborative training projects and provider support initiatives.
To register for an upcoming webinar in your area, click on the webinar series you would like to join. Then, select your participating organization by clicking on their logo.
Have questions about logging in? Request help here.
Staff Development Resources
Proactive provides CE accredited training via live workshops and webinars to build the knowledge and resources your team needs for 5 Star quality and regulatory compliance. Proactive focuses on pragmatic, core training and clinical practice standards which emphasize care quality, ethical practice and effective case management. Proactive trainers frequently present at the regional and national level.
- Survey Management
- Requirements of Participation
- 5 Star Quality Measures
- Dementia Care
- Fall Prevention and Management
- Infection Prevention and Antibiotic Stewardship
- Reducing Avoidable Re-hospitalization
- Safe Discharge Transitions
- Therapy- Long Term Care Programs
- SNF PEPPER
- MDS Coding Accuracy
- Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM)
On Demand Trainings
The Proactive clinical education team includes experienced therapist, nurse, MDS, Compliance Officer, and health facility administrator experts with backgrounds in multi-facility operations, contract therapy services, survey management, EMR systems, healthcare compliance, corporate training, clinical program development, QAPI, and litigation support.
Access the Complimentary PDPM Fundamentals Webinar On-Demand:
Access the complimentary PDPM Fundamentals Webinar On-Demand as a self-study training at the link below. This 17 minute webinar overviews the basics of the Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) as a refresher in advance of participation in the PDPM Master Class Series and is required content for the optional PDPM Master Class Certification. GoTo™ webinar will automatically record attendance for purposes of validating training completion for the Certification.
Our Training Team
The Proactive clinical education team includes experienced therapist, nurse, MDS and health facility administrator experts with backgrounds in multi-facility operations, contract therapy services, survey management, EMR systems, healthcare compliance, corporate training, clinical program development, QAPI, and litigation support.
“I have had the pleasure of working with Amie Martin and her team at Proactive Medical Review for over 5 years. Amie has demonstrated outstanding understanding of the documentation and audit process which has translated to very comprehensive and understandable presentations. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her as a content expert and true professional in the industry.” Click here to read more testimonials.
“Amie Martin and Shelly Maffia have been exceptional partners to work with on the QAPI in Action webinar series. They have provided needed information during each webinar for our membership, and the attendance for each webinar has exceeded expectations. Their professionalism and expertise is much appreciated as our members focus on building successful QAPI programs in critical performance areas.”
“Proactive Medical Review and Consulting has been providing a QAPI Webinar Series for our association. Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement is a hot topic and at the forefront of our members’ strategic planning at the community level. Amie and Shelly have been providing insight, guidance, critical thinking skills, and tips and tricks to help our member communities review and analyze data, make process changes and improvements and implement new strategies to enhance and achieve high quality care and QAPI success.”
Searching for Training Events?
Join us for the next training event! Click here to see all the upcoming events.
Recent Training Engagements and Partner Organizations
- 2019 Moving Mountains: 2019 Industry Changes Webinar Series (click the state affiliate link below to register for upcoming live events or click here to access recordings of past sessions).
- 2018 Monthly F-Tag Review Webinar Series (click the state affiliate link below to register for upcoming live events or click here to access recordings of past sessions).
- HIN Training – 2018 New Survey Process Workshops, 2018 New Survey Process Workshop
- Tennessee Health Care Association – 2018 MDS Updates Workshops
- Michigan Mental Health Association – 2018 Non-Pharmacological Approaches Behavioral Health
- Kentucky Association of Health Care Facilities – 2018 Updates in Section GG Webinar
- Mississippi Independent Nursing Home Association –2018 Updates in Dementia Care
- Health Facilities Association of Maryland – 2018 SNF Competencies & Care Planning
- 2017 Driving 5 Star & Implementing Requirements of Participation (RoP) Monthly Webinar Series
- Indiana State Department of Health/University of Indianapolis state wide Dementia Care/Antipsychotic Reduction Workshops
- LeadingAge Indiana 2016 – Monthly SNF QAPI Webinar Series
- LeadingAge Kentucky Regional ICD.10 training
- University of Illinois 2015 Aging Conference – Virtual Dementia Tour ™
- Samaritan Alliance – Requirements of Participation
- HOPE – New Administrator Training –Topics in Medical Review
- ACHCA – 2018 Regional Conference Requirements of Participation
- American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordinators (AANAC)
- National Association Rehabilitation Owners & Agencies (NARA)-2018 Medical Review Updates Series
- Free Falls Webinar: Using Safely You Video Review to Design Safe Living Spaces
Proactive partners with industry associations, trade groups and other affiliates for collaborative training projects and provider support initiatives.
American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordinators (AANAC)
American College of Health Care Administrators
American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA)
Hoosier Owners and Providers for the Elderly (HOPE)
National Association of Rehabilitation Providers & Agencies (NARA)
Have a question? Don’t hesitate to contact us!
Proactive is able to customize training to meet your staff development goals. Contact us for budget friendly on-site or web-based training options
Searching for more blogs, news, resources and more? Click here to read more.
In the heat of the pandemic battle, staffing shortages and emergency prioritization of tasks left many facilities with no choice but to triage programming. Functional decline is not unusual as residents already prone to decline faced pandemic driven activity...
Ask Proactive – Do you recommend including concurrent therapy in your POC & rationale? For group tx, there is a separate CPT code. Many therapists may provide concurrent tx later in the plan of care when patient is safer.
Q: Do you recommend including concurrent therapy in your POC & rationale? For group tx, there is a separate CPT code. Many therapists may provide concurrent tx later in the plan of care when patient is safer. A: Modes of Therapy are outlined in Chapter 3...
Let us know how we can help. Complete this form and we'll contact you right way.
The Proactive Shop
Proactive’s user-friendly tools and practical training solutions allow you to spend more time focusing on care. See all of our products in our shop!