This session will review the #4 top citation nationally, F689 Free of Accident Hazards/Supervision/ Devices, with an emphasis on strategies to avoid this top citation through discussion on: Actual citation examples and reviews of
immediate jeopardy citations, Strategies for successfully managing the survey process & understanding the critical element pathways used to guide surveyor investigations, & Implementing survey preparedness activities to prevent this top cited deficiency.
- Identify the regulatory requirements related to F689
- Identify survey procedures that describe how accident requirements are reviewed for compliance during the annual survey process
- Identify examples of how F689 is commonly cited in the long-term care survey process
- Identify tools for the leadership team to use for monitoring compliance with F689 requirements
- Explain strategies for incorporating survey preparedness related to F689 into facility QAPI processes
PDF Download includes:
– Link to Recording
– Link to Handouts
*Webinar Recorded May 2022.