This one hour on-demand webinar will review essential information that Providers and Consulting Pharmacists need to know for successful support of skilled nursing facilities under the Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) effective October 1, 2019 for SNF Part A reimbursement. Emphasis will be on understanding the new payment model and their roles in collaborating with SNFs to achieve success with PDPM.
1) Review the case mix components, and key clinical criteria that will impact payment under the Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM).
2) Understand provider documentation and visit requirements to support skilled services
3) Review the importance of provider and consultant pharmacists collaboration in managing complex conditions
- Patient Driven Payment Model Fundamentals
- PDPM Components & Factors impacting Rate Setting
- PT, OT
- Non-therapy Ancillary
- Non-Case Mix
- PDPM impact on facility daily operations
- MDS Assessment Changes
- Admission documentation
- Interrupted Stay & Variable Per Diem Policies
- Physician and Pharmacy role in success
- Documentation and coding support
- Care Planning complex residents
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Contact Hours: 1.0
Recommended for these members of your team:
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacy Staff, Director of Nursing, Nursing Home Administrators, MDS, Quality Assurance Director
Shelly Maffia, MSN, MBA, RN, LNHA, QCP, Clinical Consultant
Shelly Maffia is a Registered Nurse and Nursing Home Administrator with over fifteen years of experience serving in long term care leadership and consulting positions, including positions as Director of Nursing, Administrator, and Corporate Nurse Consultant and Training Positions. She earned the QAPI Certified Professional (QCP) credential from the American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordination (AANAC), which was established to promote the highest standards for QAPI program implementation in the long-term care profession. Shelly is an AHIMA certified ICD.10-CM Coding Trainer and has presented extensively on SNF PDPM coding and documentation compliance. Click here to learn more about our team.
Eleisha Wilkes, RN, RAC-CT
Eleisha Wilkes is a Registered Nurse and AANAC certified MDS consultant with over fifteen years of experience in long term care. She has served as a Director of Nursing, Case Manager and Resident Assessment Coordinator with extensive responsibility and success in driving QA in the areas of person centered assessment and care planning through effective systems, staff development, and interdisciplinary team collaboration. Eleisha specializes in PDPM, MDS 3.0, reimbursement compliance, competency-based staff education programs, SNF/NF survey readiness, Emergency Preparedness and Phase 1-3 Requirements of Participation compliance. Click here to learn more about our team.
*Webinar Recorded August 2019.